Dark Secret

One warm day there was a big beautiful house for sale. Everyone wanted to buy this house because it was so beautiful. But no one knew it had a dark secret. As the people went inside they heard noises and things moving around. They got scared and no one wanted to buy the house.
One lady didn’t go and look inside. She just bought the house. When she started to move in, boxes went missing. She looked all over the house as well as in the big colourful garden. She asked her neighbors if they have seen anyone in her house.
They said yes they have seen ghosts in her house. They were grabbing stuff out of the boxes, taking it into the basement. They were also putting skulls in the boxes. The lady was too scared to go into the basement. Everywhere she went she heard voices and saw skulls. She became even more scared. She could not sleep at night because of all the noises. She wanted to sell the house again but no one wanted to buy it. She decided to keep the place and scare the ghosts away. She didn’t want to put up with them any longer. She went down to the basement to see when and where the ghosts would go next.
She heard they were going to another house to scare the people at 7:00 pm. They had five minutes before they left. She went upstairs to make up a plan to get the ghosts out of her house. Then she hurried off to get started. The ghosts left the house and she started working on her plan. She tied cans together and put them onto the stairs. She wanted to throw them down. She put a nail on one of the steps. Then she got out a plastic bag, put glue on it and a fan with feathers in front of it. She waited until they got back.
They finally arrived back at the house and she got ready to protect it. They came up the stairs to scare her and she threw the first can. It hit them off the stairs straight down to the bottom. She ran to the fan with feathers. The ghosts came running up the stairs when one of them stepped on the nail — Hoo, ooh. The lady was laughing really loud and that made the ghosts really mad.
They ran up the stairs like speeding cars. The lady quickly turned on the fan so they got feathers all over them. Now she could see them better. While the ghosts were struggling to get the feathers off, she called the ghost police.
She ran down stairs and waited for the ghosts to come running after her. The ghosts speed straight at her, she opened the door and the ghosts smashed straight into the police car and they were off to jail. The lady waved goodbye and went back to enjoy her peaceful home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!