Mangled And Shredded Sequal

Arriving at the sister’s house, we heard yelling coming from inside.Screams came as lights flickered. Something was not right.
All went quite, as we walked up the stairs. More screams came from inside the house. The house fell dark. We barged in the door, breaking the locks. Regina had her flashlight and her gun. Hopefully this wouldn’t end in another body bag. My heart started to race as we paced our way through the house. One kick step, making the floorboards creak. Looking around, waiting for something to jump out at us.
“I’m not going to let no police stop me from killing you this time! I mistaken your sister for you last time, this time I’m going to make sure you’re both dead!” I heard a deep voice whisper from the next room.
“FREEZE AND DROP YOUR WEAPON!!” Regina yelled, shining the torch onto Stacey and a man who held a sharp knife towards her. Holding her mouth so she couldn’t scream.
“What are you going to do to make me?” The man chuckled evilly. Grinning back towards us. “I’m going to enjoy murdering you my sweet” he said turning back to the shaking Stacey.
“Drop it” I said holding a gun to his head. I had managed to sneak around without anyone noticing. He instantly dropped the knife, smiling. “Hands on your head” I yelled pushing the gun further into his head. The lights came on, Regina must have found the switch.
“I’ll finish with you just like I did with your sister you stupid bitch! I only needed to marry you so I could kill you and your sister’s death was a bonus!” He announced placing his hands on his head and spitting on Stacey.
“Alright let’s go dumbass!” Regina announced placing the handcuffs on Mr Kempton, yanking him up by his hair.
Stacey still sat there scared to death. I touched her arm, she flinched. “We will take care of you Stacey he won’t ever hurt you again!” I comforted, she leant against me starting to weep. The blood staining my shirt but I couldn’t care, this poor girl had been through so much already the least I could do was support her.
...............
“Arnold Kempton, fake name, real name Gregory Delmeco. Committed five killing but was never found” Regina stated watching him being taken to prison.
“Until now” I added, this disgusting freak was going to be put in jail.
“Why did he kill them?” I asked turning back to white board.
“He dated a girl once who resembled all these girls, I guess when she dumped him he wanted to get rid of every girl that reminded him of her” Regina sadly stated, taking down Lacey’s photo.
“Poor girls” I said continuing to take down the pictures.
“Excuse me?” said a soft voice from behind. We both turned around to see Stacey standing with a plane ticket and flowers.
“I’d just like to say thank you, for catching the killer” Stacey said handing us the flowers
“Glad you’re safe” I answered taking the flowers
“Well I’m off, I’m going on a trip away from everything. I’m in need for a change” Stacey said giving us a hug
We watched her walk out the door.
“We need a getaway!” Regina stated looking at me.
“Yeah like we’d ever get one” I laughed heading towards the door. The killer had been caught and everyone was safe. For now......

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!