Day At The Beach!

Day At The Beach!

The best time to surf at beach in Fiji is in summer time. One day a boy and his friends went to a beach with really big waves. Only the really good surfers are allowed to surf at this beach. One boy said to his friends, “I can show you that I’m a better surfer than you.”

One of the Judges came along and said, “Do you want go in the competition with your friends?”

The friends said, “Yes!”

“You have to sign these papers,” said the Judge.

“My name is Ed and this is Harry, Peter, Kate and Row.”

“The competition starts at 3:00 clock at night time,” said the judge.

“Let’s surf at the beach today and get ready for that,” said Row.

“Ok,” said her friends.

They got in the water and surfed for three hours.

Then the friends said ‘Bye!’ to everyone in their club and went home to eat dinner and go to sleep in their bedroom.

Peter went to sleep for five hours. At 2am Peter met up with his friends at the beach. The challenge was about to start. Row got 7.8 points. Ed got 6.9 points. Harry got 8.4 points. Kate got 6.4 points. Peter got 10.3 points. One man got 9.3. The world surf champion got 14.3.

“The winner is the champion!” said the Judge, “But I want to give Peter a special prize for good work with his air jumps. Come up Peter! You are the winner of the special challenge!”



ENTRANT DETAILS:
NAME: Edmund Hargreaves
AGE: 11 years
ADDRESS: 395 Argyle Street, Hobart, Tasmania, 7000
GRADE LEVEL: Year 5
SCHOOL: The Friends’ School, Hobart

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!