Sand

It happened so fast, I don't know what happened. I was wandering along the beach, like I did every Sunday afternoon. I discovered a little part of the beach that I didn't know of. My curiosity led me towards it. It was a miniature bay, just a little bit of sand. The waves caressed the beach. The sun glistened off the water, which was flat and pristine. It was beautiful. I smiled and walked along the little beach. And then it happened. The sand disappeared underneath me and I fell into a hole. The sand fell on top of me, trying to bury me alive. I screamed out for help. The only sound that replied was the chirping of birds. I screamed out again, only to have sand go down my throat. I choked and spat it out. The foul taste lingered on my tongue. The sand kept pouring in, and soon it was almost up over my head. I struggled to dig out. It was difficult to move. It was like the sand had grabbed me, refusing to let go. I gasped, fighting against the weight and pressure of the sand. More sand than air filled my lungs, choking me. I tried to dig my way out with little success. I screamed for help again. No response. I heard shuffling and a shadow ran past. I yelled out for help. It was no use; the sand had already taken me. I held my breath as the sand covered my nose and mouth. I heard a deep dark chuckled before the sand swallowed my ears. I prayed it wasn't him. The killer who buried innocent people alive. He had already taken three lives, one was my friend Yasmine. And then it hit me. I was going to die. Okay, Rory, calm down. You're a strong woman. You can deal with this. I was lying to myself. My tears stained the sand, turning it into mud. The only part of my body that wasn't eaten by the sand was my right eye. The last thing I saw was the evil grin of an elderly man. I recognised his face. Oh my God, it was…
And then black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!