Darkest Morning



It was a beautiful morning. The birds were tweeting. The pigs were feeding their young. And in a little cottage, there lived girl. Jordan was her name. And as she peacefully slept with her tabby cat, Simbah, there was a deep, dark rumble. Simbah woke up quickly, so did Jordan. She hurried out of bed and ran to the nearest window. Everything was normal. She looked left, then right. But something wasn't right. She had noticed that the barn doors were open, and she definitely remembered closing them the night before." Hmmm, weird" she said. She walked outside and headed for the barn with Simbah trying to stop her. " Can you please stop that?" Jordan asked. Simbah just looked up and went "meow." Suddenly, there was a loud BANG! Jordan jolted her head up in surprise to find a meteorite rushing towards her. It was huge. At least 6 football fields long. And about 3 wide. Jordan closed her eyes and thought, " this is it. Goodbye Simbah, I love you ." And at that moment, everything went white.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!