Rain In The Sky

"As I drop from the sky, and land on the ground, I don’t have much time to see the great earth around". The whimpering rain sighed.
I fall on a hill and drip to drains, I free fall into pipe lanes and end in lakes, waiting for my dad to evaporate me back to home.
As no one can see me go back to the clouds, I then drip from the sky another day. Seeing all the live humans surrounding me, I feel happy and calm as I free fall down to the ground.
But it’s not all fun and games. On dark stormy days, I see people screaming for cover.
I normally land on Ford Street, but the evil wind pushed me to the dark alley ways of Chappell Avenue.
Landing on the hard concrete with other peers and family, I lose contact and can’t see where I’m going. I extend down the street to find a drain, but none in sight. Feeling panicked and no one around, I am alone.
With more friends and family pouring on me, the numbers of us keep growing and growing trying to find a drain. As time passes down the deep, dark alleyways of Chappell Avenue, it took a long time but we finally found a drain and we rushed like there’s no tomorrow to get there. With all of us eventually getting to the lakes of Ford street we see all the ducks, pelicans and family in clear blue water we can’t wait to be home!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!