Newborn Bloodsucker

I could hear the tearing of skin even from where I was standing. She ripped apart, bit by bit, each piece. My eyes were closed but behind my eyelids I knew what was happening. I had seen it my mind a thousand times. She was ruthless. Her eyes shone amber as she feasted on her prey. Her otherwise pretty face was contorted into a ghastly figure. The blood dripped from either side of her mouth onto the ground. Her teeth were bloodstained along with her clothes. The creature in her arms was still alive, moving, breathing. Screaming. I waited, I could still hear a pulse. I was uncomfortable but I knew if I moved she would find me. Then, suddenly, one last piercing scream And then, silence. I could hear the chewing still. Softer now. She must be almost full. A moment later the shrivelled corpse was dropped to the ground. She let out a satisfied sigh. The next second was complete silence except for the sound of my heart beating rapidly. I knew I shouldn’t get up to look but I couldn’t help myself. I slowly walked to the remains. I looked down and gasped as the full extent of what I had let happen lay down in front of me. There was no way to tell what the object once was. It was dishevelled and lifeless. I dragged the body to the bushes and left it there. As always I darted around and picked fifteen roses, I then laid them on the body in the shape of a cross. ‘You won’t be forgotten, I promise.’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!