The 13th House

“Finally, I’ve done it” shouted Emma to William, “A life achievement” muttered William to himself. William is a engineer at a company and Emma is a manager at a fast food store and she has organised a vacation holiday with her friend and her husband to go to a small town called strasthville, William in the other hand is disliking the fact that he has to spend the holiday with Emma’s friend and her husband who is a mutant when it comes to showing off also he hates the fact that Emma’s friend always fights with her husband. Emma has booked the house that they were going to stay in which is in the strasthville, “It is a two hour drive to strasthville” said William and Emma frowned. William wanted to stop the journey at all costs but if Emma wanted to go ahead, William could do nothing. In the morning of the journey William was in a bad fixed mood making Emma angry this got to William and he quickly changed his attitudes because he doesn’t want to see Emma angry. Emma finished packing the equipment to the car, “Done, we are ready to rock” shouted Emma to William, “Woohoo” William muttered back. “Oh cheer up” said Emma in bright mood “it’s just 1 night, I think you can bear it”.
2 HOURS LATER (14:54, HUME REST IN)
“She’ll be coming round the mountains when she comes” sang Emma and her friend Juliet, Juliet is always happy person, which William thought was quite creepy. Juliet’s husband Jack in the other hand is tall, strong and well built man, which of course William strongly dislikes. Jack drives a brand-new BMW that’s because he is a manager of a world-wide known company. He also is the world’s biggest boaster well according to William it is. While William and Jack chats along, Juliet and Emma started to talk about supernatural activities “have you heard that the area we are going to stay in has a lot of supernatural in it?” whispered Juliet, “No, absolutely not what nonsense strasthville is a cheerful town” said Emma sharply. “Well on a street there has been a recent killing but I am not quite sure about the street” said Juliet. “Well, we shouldn’t talk about murder on a cheerful journey should we” replied Emma, “certainly not” Juliet said.
Soon the newlyweds arrived at the street, “number 13, 13 ah ha! 13, right here” shouted William in joy. They unpacked their cars and stepped inside the door of the giant house. “It’s amazing” shouted Emma; “wow, it’s far better than I thought” replied Jack. They spent twenty minutes to gaze around the house. After they finished picking rooms, they went out to dinner to a nearby restaurant; they came back at 10:30pm and went straight to bed. At around 1:30am, sounds came from all sorts of places loud bangs, soft bangs. “What’s that?” questioned William, “Whatever it is it doesn’t sound good” replied Emma. The sudden thought of Juliet explaining the supernatural things flowed into her mind. “Maybe we should go to the Juliet’s room” Said Emma, “Sounds good” replied William. The slowly crept through the loud bangs, William holding Emma’s hand tight. The two reached the other couple’s door, they softly opened the door and saw that Jack and Juliet were hiding under the sheets, “it’s okay, it’s just us” whispered William, they quickly came out and acted as if they weren’t scared. Jack seemed very angry at that moment, “we shouldn’t have come here, all these wouldn’t have happened then” said Jack. While they chatting about the trip, morning came up they could here birds screeching and cars going through the road. They quickly packed up and went to their cars, “let’s go meet the museum officer” said William, “Sounds like a plan” replied Emma. They went to the Strasthville Museum and talked to the guide. “According to the guide, the death at happened last week’s ghost is still here” said William; “Nothing to be scared” said Emma. “Nothing to be scared” Shouted Jack, “Jack calm down” said Juliet. “Maybe we should go” said Emma to William.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!