The First Day Of Autumn


I walk down the steps and outside. The feel of the dewy grass under my feet is wonderful. I breathe in the rich scent of the autumn air. The birds are awakening and I hear them twittering in the trees above. The sun is rising, I feel the warmth slowly spreading over my skin and inside me, I am being kissed by the sun. I run joyfully, the wind rustling though the trees, I run into the forest the fresh scent of pine leaves my nostrils sniffing for more. I run faster and faster the trees rushing by me in pale green blurs. The winds in my hair whipping round my face I run till I get to my special place. I lie down on a rock and feel the calm, the serenity of the forest. I am alone. I close my eyes and imagine flying though the treetops skimming from one to another, floating up to the clouds and watching the world slowly waking up below me I open my eyes and run farther into the forest until I reach the stream I look down at the water and I see little fishes swimming below me, so happy and alive without a fear in the world. that’s how I feel right now I feel free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!