Sara's Backbiting Lesson

“Just, look at her she is so ughh weird,” Farah commented. “Ignore her,” Shaymai said to Ilham as they walked past the school showoffs Sara Star, Idhil Isa, Farah Fusain and Zeynab Zanier. Suddenly the bell rang and Shaymai and Ilham rushed off to class. “Who knows what the capital city of Australia is class?” Mrs. Shansi repeated for the fourth time. “Come on nerd answer it,” Sara called out to Ilham, “Isn’t that what you are here for.” “We don’t need your comments Sara Star,” Mrs. Shansi replied. “Whatever,” mumbled Sara but Mrs. Shansi heard what she had said and shrieked, “Miss Sara I will not tolerate any of that attitude so stop it or you will be sent to Mrs. Noor Annie’s office.” Suddenly everyone stood quiet and didn’t move a muscle, including the showoffs. For the rest of the day Sara was quiet and didn’t backbite about anyone which was very surprising.

It turns out Mrs. Noor Annie is Sara’s step mum and will report anything to her father. Mrs. Noor Annie is the school principal and is as strict and annoying as anyone can ever be. She doesn’t hear what you have to say gets you in trouble. Ilham and Shaymai were deep in a conversation about their History project when they heard cries of a familiar voice. They rushed off following the cries till they reached a spot behind the school gym, they stopped to catch their breath but when they looked up they froze. It was the unstoppable Sara Star crying her eyes out! “Oh my, what happened?” Ilham gasped as she hurried of to Sara’s side to calm her down. “It was…It was Idhil; she pulled Farah and Zeynab out of the group and spoke to them silently. When they returned they had weird smiles on their faces, they said I was no longer part of the group and that I should just get lost!” Sara let out all at once. “Ok, don’t you worry we will get it all sorted out,” Ilham said slowly trying to keep Sara calm while thinking of a solution to this problem. After some time Sara, Ilham and Shaymai had become the best of friends but Ilham could sense that Sara misses her old friends. So Ilham decided she had to stop this one and for all, she planned to go to Idhil and her new followers and find out why they left her and how to get them back. As she planned at lunch she ran off to Idhil and her group and started asking questions. “Why did you leave her?” She asked.

“Firstly, she kept getting caught backbiting and we got in trouble for supporting her, secondly after getting caught by the principal she became softer, she started acting all professional and started turning into a goody-goody.” Idhil said proudly with her supporters smiling weirdly behind her. “The only reason she became soft and started acting all good is because Principal Noor Annie is her step mum and is so mean and strict. Suddenly Zeynab and Farah moved from behind Idhil and stood next to Ilham. But if you don’t believe me then have it your own way but people will not want to be your friend and now that everyone knows your true self you won’t be that popular anymore. “Whatever, I don’t even need you guys to be popular,” Idhil mumbled under her breath and walked off. From that day on everyone ignored Idhil, the old group were back together again and Sara had learnt her lesson, never backbite!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!