Scary Soccer!

I sprint past all of the people in red and black shirts because they were on the other team. I swing my leg back and give the soccer ball a massive kick toward my best friend Katrina who was screaming, “I'm open! Kick it to me!” She quickly spun around and started kicking it toward the goal.
“Come on!” I scream.
In the background I hear my mum yelling, “GO IZZY!!” I spin around to see my mum. I wave to her and she waves back. A couple of rows behind her I notice there’s a creepy man dressed in black. He’s very hairy and has a beard. He sticks his fat hairy hand into his pocket and pulls out a lighter and a cigarette. While he’s smoking his coat rustled and there was a small pocket with a GUN sticking out!!! Oh no, he has a gun!
I try to relax. I know if I yell, "Gun!" he’ll just shoot. Suddenly I feel a thud on my shoulder. I spin around and realise it was the soccer ball. Oops.
I need to win the game and stop that guy from shooting. But how? I was trying to figure out what to do while kicking the ball. I give it a huge kick, it spins in the air and it hits my friend Luke right in his face! I gasp.
“TIME OUT!” I call several times. During the break I tell my mum what I saw. She says I'm just paranoid but I know what I saw. So I grab a hot dog and tell Katrina.
“WHAT!” she says. “Shhhhh,” I say. “Keep quiet. We need to think of a plan.” "Just use your mum's phone and call the police,” she says. “I can’t. Mum never lets me use her phone,” I hiss. "BACK ON FIELD!” says a voice through a megaphone. "Well have to talk later," I say.
I sprint back on the field and start playing. I pass the ball to Greg while sweat dribbles down my face and he kicks towards the goal but he misses. Now we’re losing by three! I groan. Suddenly I look up and see the man in black shove his huge hairy hand into his jacket and pull out the gun! I have the ball, I quickly pass the ball to Cass and sprint into the crowd. I jump over the fence and keep running. By now everyone’s staring at me I try to grab it out of his hand but while I do it he shoots me in the hand!
"Agggghhhhh!” I scream in pain, Mmum staring at me in shock, while she sprints up to me in her wedged heels. My hand is burning! But I grab the gun out of his hand and stomp on it until it breaks into small pieces. Everybody cheers and my mum calls the police and they give me $100 dollars! And we still won the game! It was an extremely adventurous day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!