A Chocolate Dream

A Chocolate Dream

It was the middle of the night. Michelle and her older sister Jenny crept downstairs for a mid night snack. They slowly opened the fridge door so not to wake up their parents and.….....
the cheese was behind a D.J table, the carrots were dancing and the milk was jumping up and down frothing in its bottle. The girls; stunned, just stood there in amazement and shock.

“Any chocolate in there?” Jenny finally asked, still shocked.
“Yeah… Hey Choco, some girls here want to m-eat you.” The juice shouted to the back of the fridge. Suddenly a deliciously wrapped treat emerged from behind a plate of left-overs from dinner.
“Do you want to eat me?” asked the block of chocolate.
“Well we were hoping to,” Replied Michelle.
“Instead of eating me, why don’t you look in the pantry,” Choco said to the girls. Both of the girls looked at each other, turned to the pantry door and started walking slowly over to it. Michelle reached out, swung open the door and saw a chocolate world lay before them.

Michelle and Jenny absolutely loved chocolate. They ran around this marvellous world eating at anything and everything in their way. As they ate, they didn’t realize that with every bite they got fatter and fatter.

Before long they were as fat as a plump pig. In this world, stores street lamps, even the moon was made out of a type of chocolate. It was night there as it was in the real world, but soon later the sun began to rise.

The pantry door was still open and Michelle thought about staying in this lovely, delicious world. Then it hit her, did she want to stay there with her sister and leave her mum devastated or leave this chocolaty place? Either way she had to make the decision and fast, the pantry door was closing.

Michelle grabbed her sister by the arm, (who…was in the middle of nibbling at the side of a building.) pulling her towards the door. Michelle shoved her sister through the door, but Jenny got stuck half way. Michelle shoved, pushed and pulled with all her might. Finally with a huge THUMP, Jenny came free. Michelle took a few steps back, ran up to the door and stopped too. She eventually squeezed herself through.

Both of the sisters raced upstairs as quietly as they could after hearing their dads alarm go off. Michelle jumped in her bed while Jenny went to her own room, pulled the sheets over her head and pretended to be asleep. Suddenly her mum came in and she tightened her eyes.
“Michelle, are you okay?” Michelle’s mum asked her. She rolled over faking that she just woke up.
“Yeah I’m fine, why?” She asked back.
“I found you talking in your sleep about ‘getting back as quickly as you could’?” She told her daughter.
“Oh, don’t worry about it, it was just a dream,” Michelle told her mum.
“Try and get back to sleep, it’s still early,” Michelle’s mum said to her in a motherly way.

As Michelle’s mum left the room, she looked under her sheets and something was on her pyjamas. It almost looked like bits of……CHOCOLATE!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!