Nature's Magic

I tiptoe outside looking at the children screaming in their dreams, hoping they don’t awake and tell on me.
Slowly I open the door. It creeks and the butterflies fluttering in my stomach now feel like rolling boulders.
I hold my breath, turn on my torch and slowly walk outside.
The magical moonlight dresses me in silk.
The smell of freshly cut grass pulls me closer,
The warm gentle breeze - brushing my hair with grandmother strokes,
Fresh sap sticks to my fingers like super glue.
Flowers of all colours open in front of my eyes.
Juicy apples invite me to eat them.
Damp moss covers the tree like dressing on a salad.
The drooping willow branches cage me like a prisoner.
The ripples in the water are like millions of fish moving at once.
I look directly into the water. It shines back at me like a massive mirror. Who’s that behind me?
My torch flickers and I am in darkness.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!