Rameses

RAMESES.


A very long time ago there lived a Pharaoh whose name was Rameses. He lived in ancient Egypt; he had emerald green eyes, rather weak and non-muscular arms and brown hair like the wonderful sand in his hometown Egypt.

HE only had one child and the child’s name was Prince Kaldgena. Kaldgena had long muscular arms and legs, blue eyes and long blond hair.
He had longed to rule Egypt all his life, just like his father did but he knew that he had to wait until his father either passed away or decided to step down from power.
Now let the story unfold….

One night when Pharaoh Rameses and Prince Kaldgena were eating supper Kaldgena abruptly broke the silence with an exclamation that aroused Rameses suspicions Kaldgena said ‘Father when do you think you shall make your decision on whether you are or are not going to let me rule Egypt.” Rameses raised his eyebrows at his son and gave him a quizzical look “Time will tell my boy time will tell” And with that he left the table abruptly ending the conversation, Kaldgena gave his father a dirty look clearly unsatisfied.

“Fellow people of Egypt I hereby announce that this man shall not be condemned to death and that he is innocent!” Kaldgen watched his Father give an announcement to all of Egypt determined that a young man who was accused of breaking into a pharaoh’s tomb was completely innocent. Kaldgen’as eyebrows were frowning in a very vulgar way towards his father and most of Rameses friends all agreed that he should give his father a lot more respect. Kaldgena knew that, he was just so jealous of how his father had an extremely powerful position and could handle everything very skillfully.

One night two men huddled outside Rameses’s house. One of them started forcing the door down “There that’s it get it open!” The other one said. Once they were inside they silently walked down the hallway and started approaching Pharaoh Rameses’s door. “OK you know the plan” said one of them “Only too well,” said the other patting the wooden club in his hand and smiling. They barged through Rameses’s door….

“AAAAAAAAAARGH” Screamed Rameses “QUIETE!” Said one of the men Rameses was immediately silent, “We have come with orders from prince Kaldgena to destroy you permanently” “Why would Kaldgena do that!” Yelled Rameses desperately “He wanted to rule Egypt” Said one” At that moment the door slammed open and someone stood there….

“Kaldgena!” Exclaimed Rameses “Yes it is I father” Said Kaldgena “Please tell me this is all a fraud” Asked Rameses “It is not Father” Said Kaldgena. Now Rameses was as desperate as ever, he pleaded with the two men threatening to call to all of Egypt if they started beating him.

The men considered this for a second and looked over to Kaldgena he nodded his head “I am sorry Pharaoh your time has come” And with that they clonked Rameses on the head…

As the club hit Rameses head it broke in half Rameses was extremely surprised by this but wasted no time in hitting both of them on the head, both their bodies fell limply to the ground. “Now I believe you have an explanation to do” Said Rameses to Kaldgena “Believe me Father I have done no wrong. Last night two men approached me they threatened to kill me if I didn’t allow them to assassinate you” “That is very extraordinary” Said Rameses “Yes, so when I knew they would kill you I made sure that the clubs they were to use to kill you were hollow” “Very clever Kaldgena but may I ask why they wanted to kill me?” “It was because they were the two people who framed the young man who you proved innocent” “You handled that very skillfully Kaldgena, I thank you” And with that they both held hands and walked out the door.


By Patrick Lee.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!