Scared As

The group of teenage boys were walking down the dark, wet alleyway. They were getting pelted by rain drops but they didn’t care. They only cared about one thing.And one thing only.

There was a woman and a 7 year old girl standing there crying and begging some people to leave them alone. But why were they crying? What was happening?

The teenage boys were standing there threatening to cut the woman with their pocket knife. “Gimme the money” said one of the boys in a menacing tone. The woman gave them her purse but they weren’t satisfied. They sunk their knife into her chest. Blood was everywhere. “You want that to happen to you as well, little girl?” said another boy. The terrified girl ran away as fast as she could move her little legs. She was confused. Her dad had died before she was born so she couldn’t go home and get into the house without the keys. She was thinking for a very long time. Then she got an idea.

I’ll go to the police station!”She thought. So she set off to the local police station. She stormed right into the station and reported what had happened. The head officer looked astonished. “Oh my, are you ok? “He said. “Yes I’m fine, officer” she whispered. The police officer sat her down while he thought of what to do. He eventually came to the decision to send her to her cousins’ house for now as there was nothing else to do with her except put her in an orphanage which I’m sure she wouldn’t have liked. She asked him to arrest the gang of teenage boys and he said he’d get to it straight away. After he’d finished calling his other officers to inform them about the situation he drove the girl to a relative’s house a few suburbs away.

The day of the funeral arrived. The teenage boys had been arrested and they were now in juvenile detention centre. Everyone from the little girl’s family was there and they were all crying. There were only two speeches left and one of them was going to be read by the girl. She read the best speech someone could ever read. Then the next speech was read by the police officer. “If this beautiful, clever, little girl hadn’t come to the police station to tell me what happened those boys would have gotten away with what they did. She did a big thing and I’m very proud of her” he said. The girl was crying now with mixed emotions. She ended up moving into the police officers house. The officer loved the girl and she was like a daughter that he never had. As she got older she got better at solving crimes. When she turned 19 she became a police officer and stayed an officer for the rest of her life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!