Leaving


As the police search her room, they find underneath her desk was:

'"If I still hurt in a year I'm leaving. I've planned, organised and saved what I need. I'm ready for the unwanted end." - Dannie Goldie.'
Scratched into the wood and also a letter to no one beside it.


Dannie ran up to her room, grabbed her blade from the blue box under her bed, turned to the mirror, stared at herself while she whispered "Look at yourself, you're worthless, talentless, nobody will ever love you, you will forever be alone here." She walked towards the bathroom, holding on the blade too tight in her fist.
Tears ran down her cheeks as she locked the door and slides into the bath. She rolled up her black jumper sleeves that hid her old cuts. Runs her fingers up and down the red and brown cuts on her arm, presses down and feels the burn of her many cuts. Takes the blade and runs the cool metal lightly across her skin, tests her skin against the sharp edge of her blade.
Closes her eyes as she dug the blade into her cold skin, to take the pain away. The red blood flows as she cries, slowly down her arm. As the blood was dribbling down it outlined the scars, that gave her skin a tint of red.
She bites her lip, cut another line into her pale white wrist, right on top of a blue vein, just to find relief from her problems and pain. She sat there watching herself bleed, telling herself she deserved this.
Thoughts ran through her mind, who is going to find her? Will anyone even miss her or notice she is gone? Probably not, Dannie was just another nobody that no one ever noticed. She got up and quickly wrapped her arm in bandages. She stood up light headed, she stepped out of the bath grabbed a towel and stumbled into her room. As she applied pressure to the cuts that she had created, she knew it was time to run.
She messed up and it's now time to go. In anger she threw her blade across the room, and grabbed paper and a pen to write a letter.

I'm sorry, Its my fault.
I love you. Sorry about this mess.
Love you Forever,
Dannie

As she finished she dropped her pen, sticked the note under the desk and ran for it, she had already packed. Left for some place better.

In the darkness she left, left the place where she hurts. Leaving pain here.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!