You Are (tawny Frog-mouth)

you watch all night long. you sit in the branch of a tree. if someone where to look hard enough, they would only 'just' see.
if you move, it would be a dead give-away. your wood colored feathers and beak blend with the bark of your tree-top perch.
when the wind blows, you move along with the branches. you are such a clever bird.
somehow, the scientists who discovered you placed you in a different family to owls.
you know, it must be uncomfortable lying in wait for a meal all night in that position. when you are not waiting for something to eat, most people can see you in day-light. i wish everyone could see how beautiful you are. i am glad Australia is your home.


you are my night-jar

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!