Darkness

Darkness. The first thing you saw was darkness. Your childhood. Darkness. Your parents had left you when you were a child and you had never seen them. Not once. At school you were teased because you were tall. You seemed to have a black shadow over your head all the time. You were never happy as a child.
You never had nice clothes, never had nice shoes. You were beautiful. You knew you were beautiful. Everyone else knew you were beautiful. They didn’t want to admit it, never even wanted to speak to you except for teasing you. You were beautiful, kind and caring. But no one would listen. You had grand stories to tell, still not one would listen. You began to give up. Give in to life and its dark side. That shadow followed you wherever you went.

Once, when you were older, finished school. You loved. You were loved. Your life was happy for a while. You laughed. You cried. You sung and, he sung. Then, he was taken. The soldier came to your door and gave him a uniform. Gave him a hat. A weapon. He was taken from you. You said goodbye. You cried. He cried. You were together for the last time. You kept your ring. You never let it go. You still wear it.

Even though he is gone. The shadow haunts you yet again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!