Terrence's Last Job

Terrence is in the kennel licking his paws. Some of the other dogs are barking, some are eating and others are sleeping. He hears the footsteps of someone coming down the hallway toward the kennel.
It is Mike. As he opens Terrence’s kennel door he says, “Come on boy. It’s time for your last job; I hope you’re ready”. As they are getting into the police car Mike tells Terrence that they are looking for the Police Chief’s daughter, Bella. The police think she is lost in the bush.
When Terrence and Mike arrive at the bush, Bella’s parents are waiting there with a shirt that belongs to her. They let Terrence smell it so he can track Bella.
Terrence and Mike are walking in the bush with other officers. When Mike sees that Terrence is confused by all the smells of the bush, he lets Terrence smell the shirt again. Terrence picks up the scent. Suddenly Mike sees that Terrence is attracted to a rock with blood on it. They think Bella has cut herself because Terrence is having a reaction to the blood.
Mike and Terrence see a Labrador running passed them. Then the Labrador stops suddenly and turns back the way he came. Terrence follows the dog but as they keep walking, they hear a noise. As Terrence continues following the scent and the Labrador, he suddenly spots something and runs towards it. As Mike follows him they find a girl sitting on a rock.
The girl is holding her knee trying to stop the bleeding. She says, “My name is Bella, can you help me? I’m lost.”
One of the other officers picks Bella up and carries her back to her parents and a doctor. The doctor looks at her knee and says, “You’ll be fine, I’ll clean it and put a band aid on it, and you’ll be right to go.”
“Thank you doctor,” Bella says and walks over to her parents. “I missed you when I was I the bush.”
“Thank you so much for saving our little girl Mike and Terrence,” say Bella’s parents.
When Mike and Terrence go back to the police station there is a ceremony to thank them for all their hard work and commitment to the force over the past years. Mike and Terrence are given a special medal for their services to the force. It is presented by Bella’s dad who is the chief of the police.
After the ceremony is complete, Mike asks Bella’s dad if it is possible for Terrence to come home with him and be a part of his family. Bella’s dad tells him, “Yes, but only because of how good you and Terrence work together. I would like you two to stay as a team for good.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!