On A Scary Night


Hi my name is Ben and my brother is Henry.
My brother and I don’t get along very well I don’t like him very much and he does not like me very much.
Well let’s get on with the story well one day I went out looking for gold but you see I got lost.
I did not care because I thought I knew were to go I was looking at all of the colorful and wonderful birds.
Then I looked at my watch it read 4 30pm, it was getting late and I still couldn’t find my way home I started to get scared I’d heard of a tale of a monster called a Nimhowel and they make a sound like hooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeee. It started getting dark and I looked at my watch, it read 7 30pm then I heard a strange sound way out in the distance, I started walking away from the direction of the sound.

Later on I came to a gate on a bushy path then I saw a sign.
It read, Warning this Path is Extremely Dangerous Keep Away!
I ignored the sign and jumped over it.
I thought it could be the way home, the strange howling noise was getting louder. Soon I started to hear this weird laughing sound, it got louder and louder, the sound was so loud and deafening that I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was still in the same place but something was different, most of the trees were gone and it was now morning.
I was starting to get really hungry my stomach was bubbling up and growling, churning.

I soon remembered tonight was Halloween, I was freaked out, I thought to myself isn’t that when all the monsters come out. Well anyway, I was walking along this evil scent path that smelt of dying monsters, I came to a tree and it smelt pretty bad, sticking out of the tree was a moldy leg with thick disgusting green slime mixed with oozy brown. I tugged at the leg and pulled whatever it was out, I then realized it was a dead Nimhowel.

A bit later I came to a castle, I knocked on the door. A tall man came to the door with a long detailed cloak, he said “Come in and sit down”. We sat down on the couch and I said “Why am I lost, I went down the path the way I normally go”. He said “Do you want to go back to your home”, “Yes I do” I said.

The tall man took me to a graveyard then we came to a hole, he said “Go down this and it will take you home”. So I went through this gloomy hole, it was still night time, as I kept on going I heard lots of strange sounds. This has been a scary night for me I now knew I was heading for home, yes I made it!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!