Wasn't Wonderland

I walked slowly towards the little fluffy white rabbit; he sat there chewing at some green grass slightly wet with the dew from the night before. I slowly crept up near to him, ready to catch him unsuspectingly, just when he caught a glimpse of me from the corner of his eye. He suddenly sprang to life and leapt up into the air and hopped off a full speed into some bushes that where nearby. I chased straight after him, you would expect it would be easy to catch him up in a flash but I was wrong, for a small little rabbit he could move like the wind. I pushed through the shrubs and began to cut myself up against the prickly bushes when all of a sudden I heard a loud tearing sound and an unearthly like roar emerging from the bushes ahead. I sprinted quickly but quietly to where the noise came from and as I came into a small clearing where I noticed a rabbit hole next to an old oak tree. I began to make my way over to it as I heard a small rustling sound coming from the behind shrubs but I dismissed it as I made my way over to the unusually large rabbit hole and as I looked down into the eerie rabbit hole what I saw wasn’t exactly wonderland, the once dirt brown walls of the rabbit hole where smeared with red and I then knew that, that little rabbit wasn’t as harmless as he seemed. Just as I came to the realization of what was happening, when the once little rabbit pounded up behind me and began to slowly rise, towering over the top of me. I trembled, as a fear I has never known came flooding over me and my whole body went into a shock until I jolted myself forward running for my life. After a while of running I slowed checking behind me to see that the rabbit was gone far into the distance, I was vowing never to even look at another rabbit again, just as a little black bunny hopped across my path, after all I am a curious little fox.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!