Marco Monster

Marco Monster
There once was a boy named Monster. Marco Monster. He was a year eight who was bullied at school because of his strange name and weird personality. He didn’t have any friends because his just wasn’t normal. His parents rejected him because he wasn’t like them, unlike his two brothers and sisters who were pretty much carbon copies of their parents.
His siblings bullied him too. His brothers would often beat him up when their parents weren’t looking, but even if they did see, Marco doubted they’d be too fussed. His two sisters stuck together like magnets and generally pretended Marco didn’t exist.
Pretty much Marco hated his life. Not a single entity on the earth would’ve liked him. But what he didn’t know was things were about to change…
When Marco woke the next morning on shag carpet, he wondered what he was doing on the floor. He thought he probably fell out of bed in the night. He got up and slowly, sadly trudged downstairs. Wait a second…he didn’t have stairs. Uh-Oh he thought warily I must be in the wrong house. He quietly walked down the rest of the stairs. When he got to the bottom he began to search for a way out without being seen. He walked into the kitchen. A family of four were having toast at the table. Marco tried to back away but it was too late. “What’re you doin’ here?” shouted the dad. “Sorry I’m in the wrong house…” Marco tried to explain. “Damn right you’re in the wrong house!” the dad yelled. Marco tried to run, but he grabbed him and threw him through the window. It smashed as he went through it and sprawled on the flowerbeds. “Why you!” exclaimed the mother. “I devoted my life to those flowers!” She grabbed him by the collar but Marco was too fast. He ran whilst tripping on a stray rock. She grabbed him again and said strongly in a deep voice. “Don’t come back ya little git” she warned.
He stumbled to school where he was greeted by many jeers and cruel laughs. “Nice spying Monster” said a jock with a bad case of acne, who probably had a brain the size of a grain of sand. He showed him a video of Marco getting thrown out the window. Idiots he thought as he walked to class.
At school that day there was someone new in class. “Can I sit there” she said pointing to an empty seat next to him. “Uh..uh okay” he stammered. She sat down next to Marco. “I’m Cassandra Creature” she said. He couldn’t concentrate on anything that hour. His mind kept drifting back to Cassandra. With her blonde hair and blue eyes she was Marco’s greatest dream come true. “I saw those jocks giving you a hard time earlier” she said with a look of concern. “I’m used to it” he said sadly. “You shouldn’t get used to bullying. It is for people with no imagination.” She said sternly. “But what am I supposed to do?” he asked. “Don’t you worry about that, I have a plan. “Replied the new girl of his dreams.
On the next day, the group of jocks were walking to school when they saw a sign on a nearby house that read: Free Chocolate. Come and get it. They rushed to the house and pushed open the door. There sat a family of four eating breakfast. The father stood up and the jocks said “Where’s the choc!?” they demanded. “What choc?” asked the father with anger in his eyes. “And more importantly, what are you doing here!?” he grabbed them in two hands and threw them out the window. They landed painfully in the cacti. Their howls echoed throughout the neighbourhood. Marco and Cassandra could barely resist laughing. Then they looked each other in the eyes and they kissed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!