Less Than Perfect

Summer had just ended, my braces had been removed and I actually looked and felt better than I had in a long time. But I met someone, let’s rewind shall we.
‘Taylor!’ Stephanie shouted from the top of the school balcony. We had been friends since we were kids and we knew absolutely everything there is about each other. She ran down quickly down pushing through a large crowd of 17 year olds. Stephanie and I are 15 and our birthdays are only a day apart which makes us kind of special, but not by much.
‘I haven’t seen you all week where were you?’ she asked. ‘Sick’ I replied. ‘FYI this school has a couple of cuties now if you know what I mean. She winked at me.
We skipped classes that day, but it was worth it. It was the last day of school and summer was about to begin.
That summer we spent our whole time their together I was a foster kid and her family looked after me we had been together through everything even that surgery she had had on her arm when she slipped ice skating. But anyway.
We had been spending everyday at the beach and met up with the two guys at our school they were twins which was hard to tell them apart. Jacob took me by the arm and threw me onto his back when we were playing push each other into the water it was so much fun. That night it was dark and I wanted to go out and get fresh air outside and I bumped into something or someone it had been Lucas Jacobs’s twin. He smelt like the ocean guess he had gone out for a midnight swim. I ran out feeling shocked because I had a tiny crush on him and anything we did together or apart made me blush. He didn’t know what he did wrong so he had run quickly after me; I knew that because I could hear his footsteps following. I sat by the pool I could here Stephanie snoring, she snored when she ate too much which she did today. Lucas sat next to me and his hand was over mine, I could hear my heart pounding in my chest. We talked till 3 am in the morning about everything and I might have mentioned that I liked him, the next few seconds happened pretty fast he leaned in and attempted to kiss me but I chickened out and fell into the pool, he tried to lend me a hand but instead of getting out I accidently pulled him into the pool and he made a huge splash.
I think I had made the biggest mistake of my life because he was deadly, he grabbed me by the waist and dunked me underwater it wasn’t fun but it was definitely funny when I spat water at him. It didn’t go as planned but plans are never perfect either.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!