Savage

His head dropped, opening his mouth and lining his lips to the precious vein that pulsed through the skin. The human practically leaned against him, with another whisper her head fell back, eyes staring up to the moon above. The Vampire wasted no time, but yet was taking care of his victim in such a leisurely manner. Distracted with the hungry urge of blood, he was unknowing of the fact his control had slipped for only just a moment. A moment was all that the human needed, her mind suddenly breaking free of the control. Images of her slaughtered friends and family came rushing back, shaking her into sense of what she was facing. With a forceful push she shoved the Vampire away as his head moved, fangs biting down on the air. She turned and continued to run, screaming out in fear, never wanting to look into those blood-thirsty eyes ever again. But her luck had run out, and now she was prey of an animal.

Her body came crashing down to the ground before she even made a metres distance, feeling the sole of a shoe pinning her back. Her head spun and the world followed, becoming disorientated. She felt her body a few centimetres below the ground – the impact had formed a small dent in the Earth. Without even being given the chance to look behind, she felt the firm grasp of hands curling around her head, pressing against the sockets of her eyes. The frail body struggled as much as it could, wanting to get away, but she had robbed the Vampire of the chance for him to feed – now she had to suffer the consequences. She felt the pull, skin stretching and beginning to rip, the muscles straining to hold them together. The foot against her back restricted any movement of her torso, but she felt her head lifting from the surface of the ground. She tried to speak, but then everything stopped. Darkness tinted at the edge of the vision as her head was effortlessly ripped from her neck, the connection to her spine broken and just seconds from brain death. The head of the fallen woman lifted into the air, and she was staring into those cold red eyes again, held in both hands. This was her last sight, watching as the Vampire leaned and took her lips against his own, blood parading like fireworks.

She once believed she could pity them, believed she could fall in love and have her heart be filled of the void left by her deceased husband. They could live forever and she could not, and though her life may be cast away and her body may be left to rot to the Ghouls of the underground, she would have been content with knowing the fact she had the chance to fill her heart again. Her opinion changed once the war began, and saw the ruthlessness and mercilessness in their souls. She could have never been more right.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!