Oh No Spaghettio

‘Mum we are going to be late we should have left exactly one hour and two minutes ago’ sorry I didn’t introduce myself. Hi my name is Jess not Jessica or Jessie just Jess. I am seventeen years old and I am the only child. My family and I live on twenty three Harbour Road; our house is white with blue window frames and a huge backyard.

The reason why I like my house is when you walk into my yard it smells unbelievably beautiful. Mum is very fond of flowers so we have flowers in pots and out of the window sills. Anyway back to my story I was saying to mum to hurry up. Mum has always been like this she’s always late with every occasion. ‘Okay let’s go Jess I have got my bag packed full’. I open my rusty door on my Kombi Van, squeak it goes.

I wait for mum to come and eventually I put my black up style sunnies and position my rear view mirror. I turn the key and she’s away. I grab the gear stick and push it back into reverse. Beep, Beep the reverse sensor goes. Then all of a sudden bang, mum what was that? ‘A caterpillar, I don’t know! I huff and puff and have a look what I have hit, senseless neighbours. Our neighbours next door have been the worst neighbours I have met. The neighbours are called ‘The Obrien’s’ I shift the piece of junk off our driveway and chuck it on their lawn.

We are now two hours out of our home town Bazabell. ‘It sure is hot in here’ mum says. Well dad hasn’t fixed the air con. ‘I know I was just saying we can put our windows down If you like’.
Then all of a sudden we stop in an instant, great just what I need. I get out the squeaky old rust bucket and open the heavy bonnet, nothing wrong there. I look at the petrol tank and it is out so, I tell mum, but there is no way in the world that we are going to get petrol, So I tell mum that we will have to walk until we see a car that passes by.
It is now dark and there still isn’t a sign of a car. We are hot, sweaty and tired and all we want to do now is get to grandmas. Suddenly a stream of light hits my eyes, a squeaky old car comes up which kind of looked like our crazy neighbours car. Surely it can’t be them. Blow me down it was them. Hi what are you doing here? I said in a calm voice. In my head I was thinking we wouldn’t see them for at least a week. ‘Hey Jess just going for a holiday to see your Grandma did you know we were friends with her for a very long time?’ 'Oh No Spaghettio' I groned.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!