Saphira

“Come out, come out where ever you are,” Jael shouted as she searched the forest where she and her friends Tanya and Melissa were playing hide and seek. She moved slowly towards the tree Melissa was hiding behind. Then all of a sudden something fell out of a tree and landed on Jael’s head. “Ouch!” yelled Jael. “What hit me on the head?” They all looked around. Tanya spotted something; it was a sapphire blue stone.

“Wow!” Tanya exclaimed. Then the stone started to wobble and crack. Out popped a mysterious creature. It had two wings, four legs, scales and really sharp teeth. “No it can’t be,” said Melissa. “It can’t be what?” questioned Jael.
“It has to be, it’s a dragon, a real live dragon,” exclaimed Melissa.

It was purple and sapphire blue so they decided to call it Saphira. “Look how cute it is,” said Tanya. When Jael bent down to pat it, her Ipod fell onto the ground. Saphira grabbed the Ipod and quickly ran off.
“Hey!” shouted Tanya. “He stole my Ipod.”
“Well what are we waiting for, let’s get it back,” said Melissa.

So they chased the dragon until they were only a metre away. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, this giant portal opened. They tried to stop running, but they were going too fast, so the dragon and the three friends were sucked into another dimension.

They landed with a thud on the ground. The dragon got up to start running away, but Tanya caught Saphira before she had the chance to getaway. She snatched the Ipod off the dragon. While Tanya was busy inspecting her Ipod, Melissa and Jael just stood in awe at what they saw.

Jael tapped Tanya on the shoulder and they all looked at what was in front of them. The sky was yellow, the grass was blue and the trees were red and purple. “Look!” exclaimed Jael. She was pointing at a sign that said, ‘Welcome to Dragon Central.’

They didn’t know what to do, but the dragon did. It ran down the hill. The three girls were unsure whether to follow it or not. So Saphira ran back up the hill and looked deep into Melissa’s eyes in a reassuring way. So Jael, Tanya and Melissa followed the dragon down a hill and through an alleyway until they came to the entrance of a cave.

“Who’s there?” rumbled a voice from inside the cave. The girls were frozen with fear as a giant dragon came out of the shadows. “Baby, you’ve hatched!” yelled the big dragon as she ran towards Saphira. “Thank you for finding her.”
Saphira looked at her mother as if asking a question.
“Sure” said her mother as Saphira ran into the cave. “She wants to give you something to remember her by. Saphira came back carrying three sapphires. Jael, Tanya and Melissa took the sapphires and made their way back to the portal. They never forgot their big adventure to Dragon Central.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!