Volcanic Creek

One day there were cute Kittens, small Puppies and large Bunnies walking along a wide, long, dried up creek. Soon they came to an old rickety bridge and decided to cross it because the creek just there was still a bit gooey and muddy. When they got to the other side they heard a gigantic rumble and the old bridge fell down. The little rabbit cried “A giant did a burp!”

Suddenly bright red and yellow sparks flew around them and the creek had turned to lava. One of the cute Kittens shouted “We won’t be able to get back to our comfy beds!” There was dark smoke everywhere. A small Puppy shouted “It is Deadly Volcano that’s meant to be sleeping!”

A flood of lava came and all the cute Kittens shouted “Let’s go surfing on trees” because a lot of trees were knocked over and they all jumped onto one and started surfing.

They saw the remains of the old rickety bridge but no point in hanging on to it because it would probably break anyway. Just then they went smack bang into a melting super-hot digger, but it still could move out of the lava and so one of the large bunnies climbed in and shouted “Get in” to the others and one of the Puppies said “Can you drive?” and he shouted back “Yes”. The keys were in the ignition so he turned the key and revved the engine and off they went.

What the bunny had forgotten was that there was a big ditch near the side of the creek. They went down and then up so fast up the side of the ditch that it flew into the air. With all the cute Kittens, small Puppies and large Rabbits on the back it did a triple flip and landed on its wheels at 50km per hour. Then the digger hit a fallen tree and did a double roll and landed on a house crushing the whole house and putting big tyre marks through the garden and taking down the fence!!!! Then suddenly it hit a car, did a flip and a roll at the same time and then hit a brick wall and the front of the digger burst and let a gigantic and big puff of smoke from the engine on the digger and the weary and creaky tyres finally burst to bits!!!!

All the cute black Kittens, small brown Puppies and large white Rabbits got off shaken and scared, but the Rabbit who was driving had a big wide grin on his face when he got out of the really badly damaged digger. Then the brick wall began to collapse so all the large Bunnies, small Puppies and cute Kittens ran away from the collapsing wall and they ran away to higher ground where they were safe away from the lava and Volcanic Creek.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!