Nick I And A Rope


Ring!!! Ring!! The phone rang I walked over to it I reached out to grab it but then I heard a voice in my head saying don’t pick it up but it was nick who was ringing me, Nick had rarely called me since the last time he came over and I can’t remember when that was. Mum had always said don’t answer the phone when she’s out. I grabbed the phone and answered it as I talked to nick in the back of my mind I knew I would be in big trouble.


When mum came home I told her what nick said she was red as a rose I got sent to my room. I heard mum and dad talking I had my ear up to the door I heard the word “alright” then I heard footsteps coming towards me I flew back to my bed and pretended to read my dad came in and said get ready to go to Horsham.

On the way I was so happy I was so excited I was telling dad jokes.

When I got there nick showed me around the backyard. After that we went into his shed he grabbed a pipe with a barrel, nick told me to pump it up to 60psi then shove whatting down the barrel with a stick then nick dropped a battery down with the whatting then we climbed the fence and aimed it at the target and pulled the leaver the battery went flying but there was liquid trailing it then nick said quick jump the fence that’s when I realized it was acid.

After we were over the fence in the backyard we decided to go fishing we packed the rods and the tackle box we road down to the river I was on my penny board and nick was on the bike when we reached the river I opened the can with the pyres the only problem was the top bit broke so we had to stab it to get the corn out. We ended up with no fish when nick’s dad came he gave us 4$ he took the gear home and nick grabbed a robe from the back of the car and tied it to his seat and gave me the other end and tied a bungee loop and gave it to me nick started to peddle and I went after him. Nick’s phone started to ring his dad said that Nathan was waiting for us so we went to Nathan and met him a naimak road he crossed the road and we went to the milk bar and brought lollies bags. On the way back nick said ‘watch out a bump’
I pulled a mono over it but it was too late I face planted into the concrete I got up and went back to the house and then we decided to jump off the roof…


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!