Dark Night

I was sitting in my room hot, sticky and bored. The people on the T.V say it’s the hottest day of the year. I decide to sit out on my balcony and watch the red, orange and pink sky go down and gaze at the stars for a while. You can feel the hot breeze turn slightly cooler and the sun going down behind the hillside. With my bare feet I can still feel the concrete nice and warm. Lately I’ve been practising magic more often than usual and I’m starting to get the hang of it. This whole thing came by surprise after my fourteenth birthday, so long story short I’m now officially a witch. As the first star appears I make a wish that something amazing happens and it turns into a great adventure.

Suddenly I see something going on with my spell book. It’s glowing a blue colour and is flipping, rolling and doing all sorts of strange movements around my room. In fright and panic I race to try and stop the book from disappearing but like a lion it won’t go down without a fight. As I make my first move it changes colour and moves as fast as a cheetah can run. Suddenly I touch the book and it swings side to side and then falls over. With a big bang it smashes into my book shelf that has over 1,000 books in it and they all go flying into the air and come crashing down to the floor knocking over all my perfume bottles and jewelry boxes.

The only good thing about this is that this is a great time to test my magic skills. “One, two, three be as clean as I can see,” I said while moving my hands and within a second everything was back to normal. I grabbed my spell book and held it tight. Then I decided to sit on my balcony again. As I walked out onto the platform the soft cool breeze hit my face and pushed my soft brown curly hair away from my face. I took one deep breath and sat down on my silver chair that was cold and gave me goose bumps all over.

As I sat there on the cold metal chair I looked up at the sky and saw a million eyes beaming down on me. Then I looked over to the full moon, the bright, white light beamed down on me and I let all my worries go. Suddenly up in the sky I saw a bright light and heard screams and cries for help. I stood up cautiously, the light went out and I could see nothing and everything was black. I wonder what could be going on.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!