Gemma And Samantha's Treasure Adventure

It was a hot summers day, the sun was shining, the water was glistening and the sand was hot. Gemma was at her favorite place in the world, Wolo Beach.

Gemma was your typical looking beach girl. She had tanned olive skin, long blonde wavy hair bleached by the sun and soft blue eyes.
Her and her best friend Samantha were no ordinary girls, they held a secret that they had shared since preschool.

Gemma and Samantha had arranged to meet at their usual spot at Wolo Beach. Gemma was walking along the waters edge. She spotted Samantha up ahead so she started to run towards her when she tripped and fell over a glass bottle. Samantha ran over to help her and she said, “Look Gemma, there is a note inside the bottle you tripped over.” Gemma stood up uninjured and slipped her fingers inside the bottle and pulled out a piece of paper.

The girls looked at each other in amazement. It appeared to be a TREASURE MAP. It looked like the treasure was located under the sea at a place the girls knew as Atlantica. The girls looked at each other bewildered, who else knew about the lost city Atlantica? They thought they were the only ones who accessed this place; it was 500 kilometres out under the sea. They started to dream about what kind of treasure it could be. Was it gold, was it diamonds, was it pearls? Their imaginations went wild!

The girls looked around the beach. Nobody was there so they dived into the water to make their way to Atlantica. As I said before, Gemma and Samantha were no ordinary girls. You see, once they hit water their legs turned into tales. They were mermaids from a deep blue under world.

The girls looked up ahead. They could see the water swirling, the current getting stronger and stronger. They knew this was the work of the evil sea queen, Ivy, trying to keep them from the treasure of Atlantica. The mermaids knew to conquer such evil they had to join forces together. They held tightly together and using their two tails they kicked as one giving them double the strength to kick through the powerful current. Phew! The girls made it through. Gemma turned to Samantha and said, “When we work together we can always defeat evil.”

When the girls arrived at Atlantica to their amazement they were looking into the eyes of another two mermaids. Gemma and Samantha couldn’t stop staring. Then finally they said, “Wow you are like us.” They were all speechless, they were exactly the same and both sets of mermaids didn’t know that there could be other mermaids like them. The girls realised two things at this moment. Firstly, the power of four mermaids meant that they could always defeat the evil sea queen Ivy. Secondly, the treasure wasn’t gold, diamonds or pearls, it was the new life long friendship between the mermaids.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!