Barbeque

Today is the best day ever, Australia Day! When me, the furry mutt Timmy, gets all the delicious food. Being a Border Collie I am very smart. Last year, my master had a light plastic table with all the food on it. I got one of my foolish human friends to stand up under the table and I didn’t get any blame for it, just a full tummy.

This year, my family are having steak, sausages and burgers on the barbie. Master is the most awful chef. He doesn’t even know how to dress like a chef. He’s wearing 70’s disco pants and a beach singlet.

These dumb humans don’t know how smart I really am, so they are using the same light plastic table just like last year. I go grab my big, strong stick. I carry it over to the table and sprint right through, knocking all the legs off and all the food tumbling to the ground. I throw the stick over to one family member so it doesn’t look like I did it. Master gets so angry when things don’t go his way, so while he is throwing a little tantrum, I go and scoff all the food up and head over to my bed inside the house.

All night long I was letting off burps and I had a dream about how next year will turn out. I love Australia Day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!