The Five Excuses

“LAYLA” screamed Mrs What. “Come here this instance” yelled Mrs What again. “What, Mrs What” moaned Layla? “Where is your 6 months’ worth of homework?” shouted Mrs What. “Um….”Cried Layla. “Don’t tell me that your brother fed all of your homework to his best friend, the toilet? “Bawled Mrs What. “No way that was last terms homework that it happened to” roared Layla. “My step mother ate my science homework and dropped dead”. Wailed Layla. “O-k, now what was your science homework anyway? Shrieked Mrs What. My science homework was to see how long it would take to blow up my step mother. If took ONE HOUR blubbered Layla. “Weird” screamed Mrs What. Then and there something bad happened to Layla.
Layla had been missing now for 30 minutes strait. Her teacher Mrs What tried calling the police. They knew Mrs What because she used to be a criminal. She stole a car and a baby child. They thought that she was joking so they didn’t come. Mrs What called Layla’s parents but they were both in a meeting. All failed so Layla could not be found. It was up to Mrs What to save the day.
Mrs What ran home to find her super hero suit from when she was four years old. She is now 22 years old. It didn’t fit her so she put up with it and just thought about her worst student Layla.
“I’m going to save the day” screamed Mrs What.
She flew up to space to see if aliens took her. She didn’t care if it took 1 hour or three hours. Then Mrs What heard,
“My English homework came alive and an alien jumped out of my book and started jumping on my bed and then the fan cut his head off.” Whispered Layla
“That was strange I must have been dreaming that thing.” Thought Mrs What
When she got back to earth she started to run down the streets. She could hear cars, babies screaming, traffic lights and birds chirping. Mrs What could smell fresh bread, the cool air and mainly her sweat. She could see cars fly past, other people going for their morning run. She could taste the smell of fresh bread, lollies and McDonald’s.
She was starting to see the beautiful sun go down. She stopped. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh. A nice rest. She ran home and ran into bed. Went to sleep and forgot about Layla. Next as she started to go to sleep she heard the phone go. It was Layla’s parents calling. They wanted to know where she was.
Mrs What just said,” I trying to rest just leave me be and hanged up.”
Then strait away when Layla was just lying there in Mrs what’s Bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!