Rapunzel

Rapunzel tightened her grip on the man’s throat. “Give it to me!” “I…don’t know…what you…want…”he gasped. “Whatever you got that’s gonna get me outta this tower.” “I’ve…got a…sword…” “Give it to me!” Rapunzel released her hair from around the man’s neck. He slowly drew the sword, and tried to cut off her silky locks, but she was one step ahead of him. She pulled them out of his reach and lassoed it around his throat again. There was a deafening crack, and the man dropped to the floor, dead. She grabbed the blade. It was blunt, but enough to bash down the door. She hacked it down with three mighty strikes.
At first she was afraid to go down the staircase that lay before her, but she decided she hadn’t killed hundreds of innocent men for nothing but empty pockets. The stairs were covered in dust, and the grand hall was cold and deserted. At the far end of the room was a door. She walked cautiously towards it, not knowing what might be outside. She heard a whispering in the shadows of the nearest corner. An old woman jumped out. “Help me! Please… Take me with you!” Rapunzel didn’t hesitate to decapitate her in a second. She couldn’t help it. She was still skittish after being locked in a tower, alone, her whole life. She ran the rest of the way to the door. There was a key in the lock, so it opened easily. Why had that ugly old hag not just left? She wondered. But she was not going to worry about that, because she already had a plan of action; take revenge on the human race. After all, they were the ones that locked her away. They deserved the same fate of all the people she had murdered. This was her chance.
After wandering the forest for a whole day, she finally came across a country town. It was beautiful when it had life in it, and it was beautiful when everybody was dead. But throughout her fun, she couldn’t help pondering why she had been locked away so far into the woods, and why everybody knew who she was before she even said a word. The whisper that went through the civilians made her feel like a freak, unwanted and alone in life. But she knew she wasn’t gonna get any answers from any human. She had two options; meet a God, or be a God. And as far as she was concerned, being Godlike meant controlling other people’s lives… and deaths. So that was how she learnt things. She followed the road to the big city, and killed her way into vaults and military bases. Her name was everywhere. Apparently, according to the government files, she had been a psychopath. They brainwashed her, and made her believe she had lived in that tower her entire life. And as her memories came rushing back, she had only one thought; kill…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!