Water Island

Water Island
It's a rainy,cold day and I'm stuck at home doing nothing! I've tried many things to do but I'm still bored! I decided to go to my room for a rest. So I hopped in bed and, hold on, I haven't introduced myself yet.My name is Jess. Anyway,back to the story.I hopped into bed and fell asleep.
1 HOUR LATER
I woke up and jumped out of bed.I walked out of the house and went to my favourite place which no one knows about except my best friend 'Amy' and obviously me.So I got there and saw something shining in the pond.I was going to go see what it was, but I thought Amy should see it too so I went and grabbed her.
We both got there and splashed into the pond to see what was down there."I think there's a million buckaroos down there Amy" I told her.We kept swimming down and down and held our breath.We swam until...WE ENDED UP ON A BEAUTIFUL ISLAND FULL OF GREEN PLANTS,FResh water and amazing creatures.You know this doesn't seem so bad.
Amy and I decided to have a look around, but then a banana skin fell on my head,and another one,and another!I looked up and saw a monkey in a tree munching on a banana! Amy and I moved on and I saw the monkey behind us.We kept on walking and it was still following us! It was creepy but kinda cute. We agreed to let the monkey come with us so I picked the monkey up and put it on my shoulder.
We kept wandering around and then we found a hut. Inside the hut there was a plant with a tree frog on it. The frog sees us and then....
"AAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!",it screamed with fear."Oh hi Steph" it said. "Hi Nate" the monkey replied."Wait, you guys know each other, and you can talk,and your name is Steph",exclaimed Amy.
"Awesome, you guys can talk!" I said to Nate. Nate then bounced onto Steph's back and away we went. We saw crystal clear water surrounding the hut and it was tempting us to dive in.
We entered the beautiful,cool,sparkling water with the birds chirping,the wind blowing and the trees rustling. Oh I never want to leave this place!
Amy and I were having the most perfect time ever! We were floating on the water when suddenly a thought popped into my head...... our parents are probably worried sick about us! I had to tell Amy about this and she was devastated to leave. We both said our goodbyes to Steph and Nate. Amy and I left and returned home. Mum and Dad were so glad that I was back but I am definitely going to return to Water Island with Amy again.
By Holly Farquharson.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!