Sarah's Enchanted Wood

Hi I’m Isabella and I’m in Year 2 and this is my story which was eight pages long in my workbook.

Sarah and the Enchanted Wood
One day, a girl called Sarah was playing in her back yard, when suddenly she saw a tiny hole in the fence. She got closer and closer to the tiny hole and was surprised to see a little bottle on the ground. On the bottle it said, ‘DRINK ME!’ Sarah paused for a second. ‘Should I drink this?’ she thought to herself. ‘I think I will,’ she said. Then she drank it.

She felt herself getting smaller and smaller. She was so small that she could fit through the tiny hole. She walked through the hole and saw an enchanted wood with flowers, trees, colourful birds and beautiful buttercups. Sarah spotted a tiny little fairy. ‘Hi,’ said the fairy. ‘I’m Crystle, the Garden Fairy.’
‘Hi I’m Sarah.’
‘Nice to meet you. I’ll give you a tour if you like?’ said Crystle.
‘OK!’ said Sarah
‘That’s great. Follow me.’ said Crystle. ‘First there is the Crystle Lake.’ Sarah was amazed how it shimmered and glowed. ‘To the left there is the Sugar-Plum Hall.’

Just before they were about to walk into the Sugar-Plum Hall they heard the sound of music and laughter. ‘What’s that?’ asked Sarah. ‘Oh, that’s probably the Fun Fair,’ said Crystle.
‘A FUN FAIR!’ Sarah shouted. ‘I LOVE Fun Fairs!’
‘We can go to it if you like.’
‘Yes please!’ Sarah said excitedly.
It only took two minutes. Sarah and Crystle spent hours at the Fun Fair. They went on the Dogem Cars together. They had so much fun. Then they went on the Chair-O swing. The man that was in charge started it. When it started, Sarah forgot to put her seat belt on so she went flying into the air and landed on the ground. ‘I think I’ve broken my leg,’ Sarah said in pain.
‘It looks like you have.’ said Crystle
‘I think I need to go to the hospital.’ said Sarah.
‘A hospital! What’s a hospital?’ asked Crystle.
‘A hospital is a place where they help you to get better,’ said Sarah.
‘Oh, we don’t have any hospitals.’
‘Why don’t you have any hospitals?’ asked Sarah.
‘We don’t have any hospitals because no one ever gets sick or gets hurt. But I can take you to the Magic Wizard. He will know what to do!’

So Crystle and Sarah travelled through the icy cold winds, the steamy hot deserts and tropical forests. Finally they got to the Wizard’s castle. As they rang the door bell they heard a giant noise of the bell. ‘DING! DONG!’ Two minutes later they could see an old wise man with a pointy hat through the glass door. Can you guess who it is? YES, it’s the Magic Wizard!
‘WHO DARES TO COME INTO MY CASTLE?’ asked the Wizard in a deep voice. ‘It’s only me, Crystle and my new friend Sarah.’ said Crystle in a small voice.
‘Oh,’ said the Wizard, ‘Come in and make yourself at home!’ he said in a kind voice. ‘So, how can I help you girls?’
‘Well,’ started Crystle. ‘Sarah went on the Chair-O swing at the Fun Fair and broke her leg. We were hoping you could fix it.’
‘Well, you’ve come to the right place,’ said the Wizard. ‘I will use some special powers that will fix your leg in two seconds.’
‘That’s great!’ said Sarah with excitement.
‘Are you ready?’ asked the Wizard.
‘I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.’
‘3-2-1!!!’ The Wizard put magical powers on Sarah’s leg. Sparkles went everywhere!!!
‘It’s all done now!’ The Wizard told Sarah. ‘Why don’t you try and walk?’
Sarah got up and she could walk again. ‘Thank you so much!’ said Sarah. ‘I have to go now. Bye!’

So they travelled back through the tropical forests, back through the steamy hot deserts and through the icy winds, and back to the Enchanted Wood.

Sarah didn’t want to leave because she loved the Enchanted Wood. So she decided to stayed there forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!