Pass The Finish Line

Pass the finish Line
I was running. I was coming first. It was all I could ever hope for! There it was, the finish line. Closer and closer I was getting to it. I was exhausted, tired I had to keep running. The pain was running through my veins and my whole entire body. My foot was going to touch the finish line when ”Bring!” my alarm had gone off it just had to ring at that moment. It was all just a dream. I wish it came true but in your dreams, I thought.’

My name is Jess and I’m going to compete in the National Pebbleton sprint race, which was on this Friday. I wasn’t the fastest contestant but I wanted to win ever so badly. I packed my bag, put on my uniform and went downstairs to eat. After I finished eating I went to the
Car, my dad was already waiting for me, I got into the shotgun and off we went to the happiest place in the world, which was school… NOT!

I got out of the car and headed to the classroom. As I was walking I heard a smug voice, it was my worse enemy in the world Carla,” I am so going to win the sprint this Friday.” She said.
“ Of course you will.” said one of her friends which was as nasty as she was.
You know every school has a mean, up to themselves, boasting and mean girl, in our school it was Carla. Even though she wasn’t good at sport she kept on raving about herself and about how good she was. I kept on walking and when I got to the classroom I could already hear my teacher, Mrs Boomer talking in a loud voice.
“We’re going out to practise for the sprint on Friday, let’s go outside to the track!” So all of us went to our gym lockers to change into our tracksuits and sport shoes. We finally got changed we went out to the running track and began running around the running track. As I was running I could imagine what the race was going to be like on Friday. There I was running, leading the race with sweat all over my face, and there was Carla, last. I was in my imaginary world, I was going to pass the finish line when “STOP!” I heard the teacher say as I heard her voice my imagination came to a halt. “Go back change into your uniforms.” She shouted at us as we headed back to our gym lockers. ‘This always happens’ I thought there’s always something that disrupts my imagination furious I was I headed back and changed into my uniform.

As the days past we kept practising finally it was Friday. I put on my most comfortable tracksuit and runners and headed to the place that the competition was held. My whole family was already there when I arrived, (they made me walk to the track and said that it was a warm up.)
“All competitors get ready for the race.” The person who was in charge of the race said and we got to our positions and when everyone was ready the commentator said
“On your marks, get set… GO!” As I heard ‘go’ I ran as fast as I could, sweat was running down my neck and all over my body. I was leading. I could see the finish line, I ran towards it and…”YES, I had won, and this time there was no interruption!” I walked to my family, everyone was congratulating me and this time, it wasn’t a dream.



Written by: Beanca Rusli

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!