I REALLY DID SEE AN OGRE!

I was running! I couldn’t believe the sights I was seeing! My legs wouldn’t carry me fast enough! I wouldn’t have known what he had seen at school and I still don’t! “Matt, Matt HELP HELP HELP” I screeched. I was out of breath! “What’s wrong are you Ok?” Matt replied, as he was trying to get me to calm down. I couldn’t calm down “WHAT DID YOU SEE?” yelled Matt? “AN OGRE” I cried!
Matt was very confused as everyone knows Ogres don’t exist! “Yeah right I’m sure you saw an OGRE what colour was it? Pink and was it wearing a fairy outfit” Laughed Matt. “But I really did see an Ogre it was chasing me down your street” I replied. I am quite upset that Matt doesn’t believe me.
“I thought we were best friends but obviously not! I never want to see you ever again I don’t want to be friends with a liar!” yelled Matt. I know that it is true! How am I going to change Matt’s mind? I thought.
If Matt doesn’t believe me no one will! I know what I have to do… I will have to catch the Ogre. That will show Matt I am not lying. I just have to get a net a HUMUNGOUS net. I wonder where I can get one… hmm. I know the ‘humongous net factory’.
I got served by a man that looked like a bikie someone who would go around spray painting silly dinosaurs eating pancakes he had a long beard, tattoos all up his arms and piercings that made him look like he was in a lot of pain. “What can I get for you sir?” He squealed to me. His voice was like he was a chipmunk on helium “I’ll get a humongous net Thanks” I replied. “He went in to the storage room and brought out a MASSIVE net. Carrying it was the hard part.

I ran straight back to Matt's house and called him. “ Meet me downstairs” I yelled.
Matt ran down stairs. He asked me what the net was for. I said “ Follow me” On the way I told Matt that we were going Ogre Hunting. He agreed after I convinced him but Matt did look a bit weary. Almost like he was scared... “AHHHHHHHH” screeched Matt. I looked around no one was in sight I ran forward I crashed into something I looked up Matt was being eaten by AN OGRE!It's looking at me!

NO PLEASE NO NO STOP LET GO OF ME!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!