Save The World

Late that night I was finishing up my shifts. It was the most boring job I’ve ever had and I was the only one doing it.

Finally I was finished. I was walkingdown the street,and again I was still the only one. I can see the street dead and silent. I asked myself, is anyone out there? Do they hate me? I turned around and right in front of my bulgy eyes an old man with a trousy tight suit and a white bow tie with greyish hair and a white puffy moustache. His nose was sticking out like a carrot and his eyes shone like the blackest night. I looked down and his shoes had holes in them and his toes stuck out like an elephant’s trunk. He looked at me and mumbled.I asked him to speak up so he did.

“G’day mate my name is professor WitWinsky and I have come from the future to warn you. You need to save the world from the Evil Doctor Nessie. I have made you a time travel machine to travel to the future.”

“You’re kidding right?” I asked him.

“Not today.” He said.

I said to myself. Oh no this guy looks serious!

"You have to save the world from the Evil Doctor Nessie."

I laughed slowly and asked him “How do I get to the future?”

He told me, “Don’t you remember? I have made you a time travel machine." So he told me the number to go from the future.

“Ok I’m ready!” I said.

After I typed in the number that the professor told me,a lightning bolt came out of the portal. It struck all around the room. I ran as fast as lightning and I made it to the other side. On the other side I was in this dimensional world full of creatures bigger than me. I was shocked that I’d found a Tyrannosaurus Rex and it nearly ate me.

I ran and ran and I tripped over this man with a yucky disgusting face. He was looking at me with a terrible eye. His breath smelt like someone put a rotten fish in there. I couldn’t stand his stinky breath. Then I realised that it was The Evil Doctor Nessie. The Professor was right about his ugly, terrible face.

Doctor Evil Nessie picked me up by the back of my shirt. He nearly ate me, so I’ve got the gun that professor had given me and zapped him. He was still alive, so I zapped him again and again and he still wouldn’t lie down dead. Then I thought to myself what the professor had told me about his weakness, how to take him down. Should I tell you, well it’s his face. So I tried it and it worked. So I tried it again and his legs wobbled and wobbled and he collapsed. I checked him if he was dead or still alive. I put my two fingers on his neck to check him, and he didn’t look like he was dead. I looked closer and closer and his hand reached out and grabbed me by the neck. He was strangling me and my face was going red like a bulls face. I kicked him in the face and he collapsed again. He was dead and I felt proud of myself.

I ran as fast as I could before that humungous dinosaur saw me again. I made it to the other side again and finished off the day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!