Magic

Adelaide looked out her bedroom window, it was raining. She wished that she was outside with her friends, splashing in puddles. Suddenly she heard a dog bark! She looked more closely, it was a dog. It was white and it didn’t have a collar.
Adelaide ran to the front door as fast as she could because she had always wanted a dog. As Adelaide was getting her rain-coat and boots, her dad came into the room. “What are you doing with that on?” he asked. “There’s a really cute white dog in a puddle outside and it looks cold, can I please bring it inside and get it dry?” Adelaide didn’t tell her dad about keeping the dog because she knew he would say flat out no. But because her dad was nice (sometimes) he said she could bring it inside.
After she dried they all sat by the fire and looked for the tag, but they couldn’t find it. “It’s a stray dog,” said Adelaide softly. “Stray dogs shed skin,” said her dad. “This dog doesn’t shed,” she said. “Can I keep him? I will call him Puddles please please please please?” “Well, if you wash him, train him, feed and brush him I guess so where else could he go?” “Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
MAGIC CAN HAPPEN!
Months went by and Puddles was still as frisky as a puppy but much bigger. One windy day Adelaide was in the living playing scrabble with her mum and dad and she said, “I wish it would stop being so windy!” then puddles started acting strangely, he was looking out of the window sternly, then remarkably, the sun came out and it wasn’t windy anymore. “WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” said Adelaide. Her mum and dad said it was just luck but Adelaide knew Puddles was special.
A few weeks later, Adelaide was looking at her bedroom wall, wishing she was somewhere special, when suddenly Puddles began to act weird he was focusing on Adelaide’s bed and then leapt onto it and, spontaneously the bed began to rise out of the window (luckily it was open) and soon they were sliding over the rainbow, into the pot of gold SLAM!! They landed into the land of...
FAIRIES
Fairies “WOW!!” said Adelaide “amazing’ I’ve never seen anything like it”. Fairies were darting around every street and alley-way. Puddles barked happily and the bed flew to a house and they knocked on the door. “Come in” said a sweet voice. Inside it was beautiful – three little tea cups with milk on three little plates with two sugar cookies each. “Sit down” said the fairy. “Let me introduce myself”.
THE TOOTH FAIRY
“Hi, I’m the Tooth Fairy”.
“Hi, I’m Adelaide and I need your help. I’ve got a loose tooth and it won’t come out.”
“Just wait for it to come out” instructed the Tooth Fairy.
“OK, thanks” said Adelaide and as they rose, Adelaide fell asleep with Puddles right beside her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!