Untitled

02.00 hours Friday (escape day)- I wake up early eager to leave this crappy hell hole called prison. I had all the tools I need, wire cutters, shovel, mallet, knife and overalls, all in the dugout I made weeks ago and intend on escaping through. The warden comes to wake me up and does the usual, Yells for a minute and leaves but something was odd, he had more protection on him than usual. This had me wondering what was going on, an inspection? A new max security prisoner? When all the max security prisoners were allowed together I asked around and no one had any ideas. The only time I have seen this happen was when there was a full on inspection of the max security unit. I was hoping that they hadn't caught on to my escape, I decided to go on with my plans anyway, considering if I fail, I will be killed and if I succeed, well, we will have to see how it goes…..

It was 10.00 hours and this was when I decided to begin the escape, we were all out on the field, I had cut a hole into the fence already and was ready to run for it, but I needed a decoy or a distraction, something to get the guards attention, in the opposite corner from my escape hole was a bunch of guys playing basketball, one is an ally of mine, Harry 'Hopper' Hecky. He got his name for being able to hop seamlessly from rooftop to rooftop in Rio de Janeiro after many bank robberies. He helped me devise this whole plan, he had tried to escape once before but failed so he practically knows the place top to bottom, left to right. I decided this would be the distraction, I went over and asked Hopper for a favour, he happily obliged and came up with his own distraction, I began walking away, I heard the crunch of a jaw breaking and then the yelp of pain!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!