Parker

The gunman looked through his scope, surveying the area for his first target. He focussed the red dot on the man’s vulnerable head. The silencer extinguished the sound of the bullet bursting from the barrel of the gun. The man’s lifeless body dropped to the ground with a thud. Before the next man could react and comprehend the current situation, he was also being struck by a bullet to the head, in a duplicate fashion to the first.
The sniper hastily examined the area, his concentrated eyes peering through the scope of the rifle. Every now and again he would look out of the scope and scan the room carefully, making sure he was alone. The two people he killed were merely pawns in his ultimate plan, and his intended target stepped forth. The gunman’s opportunity was consummate; he aimed and placed his finger upon the trigger. Sweat dripped from the man’s face, and his palms were saturated. He took his time to take the perfect shot. He applied enough pressure on the trigger for the hammer on the rifle to move. He pressed a little harder, closer and closer he was to achieving his goal. He finally pressed enough for the hammer to fall and the shot was fired, in milliseconds it was penetrating with ease through the victim’s skull and with a spray of blood and chunks of brain, the bullet exited the man’s head. The lifeless corpse fell to the ground and in seconds a puddle of blood surrounded him.
He scrambled to put away his rifle; he tied a rope to a post nearby and threw the other end out of the window sill. He jumped and slid down the rope for a few stories then let go and landed on two feet at the bottom. He walked over to his three victims lying flat without movement on the hard concrete ground. There he was; the person responsible for the death of his entire family.
The gunman’s name is Parker. His parents were both high ranking Police Officers and they were working together to bust a big time mob boss that was importing drugs into the country. The mob discovered their plans and assonated all members of the task force including parkers parents. Just to finish the job, they decided to kill his sister as well, and attempted to kill him. He was shot seven times in different places on his body, and remarkably survived, and came back as the mobs worst nightmare. Parker had already killed off twenty mobsters, but the man he just killed was him; the man that ordered the death of his parents and personally killed his sister. Parker had succeeded; he had survived and cast down the evil that destroyed his family. Parker walked away with a smile on his face. Relieved of the most terrible thirst; the thirst for revenge. But all the while he thought, 'Does this make me better than them, or have I stooped to their level?'

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!