Violated


Noelle’s house was a lot like a museum. Her mother had fallen in love with the house on first viewing, and had to have it, no matter the cost, the history or the location of the two-storey brick structure that dominated the streetscape. The family had moved into the house three months earlier, clueless of the demonic powers the house held.
Noelle was older than her brother by two years. It was to her advantage in this instance, as Carter had just barged into her room, asking if they could go out.
“Mum and dad didn’t leave us any money. Now leave me alone” Noelle replied bluntly, signalling him to leave.
“I hate you!” Carter spat, leaving with a slam of the door.
She turned back to her book, as her brother rushed back through the door.
“What now?” she sighed.
“There is a guy inside the house. ” Carter responded between heavy breaths.
“What?” Noelle quizzed, pushing her brother out of the way and moving down the stairs.
She reached the last step and glanced back up to her brother. Suddenly he yelled out, telling her to run. She turned to a stone ashtray knocking her on the head. Noelle fell to the ground.
Water dripping onto her forehead woke her. She sat up quickly, to find herself in the basement.
Noelle slowly pulled herself to her feet, coming face to face with a man in a rocking chair. He wasn’t old but not a child either. He had wavy hair. His skin was pale, his eyes a deep brown.
“Who are you?” She asked, stepping away.
“Trent.” He rose and followed her.
“Where’s my brother?” Noelle questioned. Trent turned to the corner. Noelle’s eyes followed, spotting the body in the far corner.
“Carter!” she yelled. He wasn’t moving. She knelt to see a deep bloody stab wound in the centre of his chest.
“What have you done?” Noelle screamed.
“Carter.”
“That’s my name, don’t wear it out.” Noelle heard a familiar voice behind her. Noelle turned, shocked to see Carter standing in front of her.
“No, I’m imaging this.” She rubbed her eyes.
“Imagining what?” Carter replied, walking towards the body.
“Wow!” He leant down to see his own body.
“Carter” Noelle said, embracing him.
Trent approached Noelle. She heard a clicking sound, as a cold metal device was pressed to her chest. She looked at Trent, shaking her head.
“N-no. Please don’t do this.” Noelle whimpered .
“It will be alright, Noelle. I promise. We’ll be like Romeo and Juliet. We can be together forever.” Trent leaned in and softly kissed Noelle’s forehead.
BANG. Noelle fell to the ground. Trent bent down beside her, a single tear streaming down his face. He pointed the gun to her chest again, pulling the trigger.
BANG.
BANG.
“Noelle, wake up!” yelled Carter, knocking loudly on her bedroom door. Noelle sat upright, rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock beside bed. She realised she’d been woken from a nightmare.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!