Under The Rug

It was a cold dark night, Leonardo had just come home from work. He was cooking dinner and watching the news. Then he saw something on the news that caught his eye. It was about a small creature called a wurum-burum, it had entered the town. It was fluffy and had sharp claws.

Long years passed, the article on the news was on every day. They still had not captured it. It was puzzling, many years passed but they still hadn’t found it. Then it happened, Leonardo heard a smash in the hallway. It was his fathers antique 14th century lamp, the wurum-burum had entered the house. Leonardo picked up the chair and held it above his head and loudly slammed it into the ground. He had got it; he had actually killed the wurum-burum. Leonardo was a hero.

The media came to his house; he was on TV and on a magazine called “Roth Nixon Magazine”. It was great, Leonardo was famous. And then he heard it again.




By Samara Eeles age: 10 address: 6 valonia avenue surrey hills 3127 Victoria
Grade 5 home phone: 9849 0743
E-mail: seeles@msn.com.au
Story title: UNDER THE RUG

Surrey Hills Primary School
Beatrice Avenue
Surrey Hills VIC 3127
Phone: 03 9890 1560
Contact Teacher: Victoria Hall
Fax: 03 9899 6086
Email: hall.victoria.a@edumail.vic.gov.au

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!