Jake's Adventure

As it was the long winter holidays Jake’s parents decided to send Jake to visit his maternal grandfather Victor in the snow peeked mountains of Russia. His parents, Irene and Andrew, had had enough of Jake’s attitude and wanted him shovelling snow for his grandfather and not sitting in his room playing computer.

His parents drop him off at a train station,
bewildered and confused Jake scrambles onto the crowded train.
Jake feels he’s been on the train for endless hours as if he is locked up on the train forever.
Finally arriving in the small village of Kirov he spots his grandfather waiting for him.
By this stage Jake is exhausted from his travels and collapses in his grandfather car.

It seems only seconds later that his grandfather is pulling up into his driveway.
After a hot delicious plate of soup Jake snuggles into his bed with the fire crackling and keeping him warm.
After a deep sleep Jake rises early next morning eager to go exploring.
As his grandfather was still snug in bed Jake hadn’t obtained permission to leave the house and hadn’t told anyone where he was going.
Jake had walked into a thick forest where the snow lay deep. He spots a cave in the hill side and somehow manages to make his way through the thick snow.
He opens his backpack looking for his torch and to get something to eat,
but then all of a sudden he hears voices of loud and angry men arguing about some treasure that they plan to steal from a house on the top of the snow peeked mountain.
Jake realises that the house the men are talking about is his grandfather Victor.
Jake becomes frozen in fear he must do something to save his grandfather’s treasure.
In haste to get back to his grandfather’s house to warn him against the robbers he stumbles over a rock alerting the robbers that someone had been spying on them.
Jake run’s for dear life trying to get away from the robbers. He trips and stumbles down a long steep face of the mountain. He screams in terror as he pierces through the air. He hears a shot as the bullet whisked past his ear. The robbers are after him. Jake knows he must flee quickly as his life is a risk.

Jake dives under a hearth of leaves burring himself deeply and lying there motionless
As night falls the night gets colder Jake hungrily hidden under a hearth of leaves
It had been five minutes before that the robbers had passed his hiding place.
Jake hears a howl he freezes on the spot imagining that he should of never came out of the hiding place.
Jake turns to see that there was no wolf there so he continued his journey around the frozen acre of land looking for some resistance where he can call the police troops to catch the robber.
Jake looks ahead of him and sees a dimly lit cottage he starts running to it as if it meant his life.
He knocks on the door a strange woman with a scarf around her head appears.
Jake says to the women he is lost and needs to call the police.
The women comforts Jake and lets him use her phone.
Jake calls a police troop to his grandfather’s Victor house.
The women drops Jake of at his grandfather’s house he sees the police outside putting the robbers into the car.
It was a happy reunion with gradfather.Jake was happy to be back in grandfathers arms.Both where relived.They invited the woman for a tea and Jake told them all about his ordeal in the forest.The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!