Gallipoli Boys

“You scared Jim” said a tall blond haired boy “Nah just nervous” said another fair haired boy. Another boy named Jake ran up and said with an Irish accent “Hey you there what’s your name!” “I’m Bill and this is Jim” said the tall blond haired boy. Suddenly the sergeant announced” Right boys get ready to charge these bloomin Jonny Turks, just quickly check to see if your guns loaded……..right now charge!!!” yelled the sergeant. “Gee the sarge is desperate!” said Jake as he and the other soldiers jumped out of the boat and into the water. Around Jake saw other troops being shot down by bullets.
Then he heard a familiar voice crying” Help!.... Please!” Jake ran up and saw Bill lying on the ground-a bullet in his side. “Medic we need a medic over here!” yelled Jake as Bill’s head rolled back. A medic ran up and checked his pulse “I’m afraid there’s nothin I can do come on let’s get a crack at these Turks” said the medic whose name was John. You never thought your friends would die in this bloomin war. Jake was surprised at John’s skill with a rifle as he shot down two Turks “Look out!” Cried Jake as a Turk ran at John – a bayonet on his rifle. John turned round and blasted a bullet in the Turks head. “Thanks mate!” said John looking at the dead Turk.
Then someone shouted “Hoy, Jake you made it!” “Jim!” cried Jake in surprise as Jim came running up “Were all gonna make it out of this bloomin war” muttered John. “Right boys let’s get moving” yelled John as they all jumped into a trench to continue the war of………Gallipoli.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!