Teddy Hour

Every night, when your head is fast asleep on your pillow, teddies creep out of bed and stand guard to protect you.

The girl I will introduce you to today is Alissa, a pretty young girl with blonde hair and green eyes. She lived in a rich family owning a four storey house. Alissa slept on the second floor.

Alissa owned ten teddies. Their names were: Choco (a panda), Honey (a brown bear - a big hero in this family), Flyer (a dragon), Tree-Top (an orangutan), the sister polar bears Snowball and Furball and the brothers Fred and Fern.

Let's go back in time, when only four teddies slept with Alissa each night.

“Wake up Sleepy Heads! C’mon guys!” shouted Choco. “Remember, it’s my turn to see when Alissa wakes up!”
“We know,” grumbled Honey. He picked up Alissa’s toy spy-glass.

For a long time, there was nothing to see or hear. Taking turns, they trained for a possible fight ahead. They honed their skills by ducking and weaving, stabbing and punching in the air.

“TEDDY TROOPS!” alerted Honey. The four attacking teddies were soon upon them. Flyer swooped down and knocked out three, then Tree-Top tied them up. Flyer swooped again but the last toy was ready for it this time. It took out Flyer and when Tree-Top came to the rescue, he was knocked out, too. Suddenly, Honey attacked from behind, but the last attacking teddy was ready and quickly sidestepped. Alissa's teddies were made of tough stuff, and were now recovering. “You guys were great, and just in time, too. Alissa’s stirring!” Choco exclaimed.

The rogue teddy was forced to pretend he was asleep, so as not to give away the secret of teddies. When Alissa turned over and went back to sleep, her teddies were ready. They knocked out the last attacker just as dawn brushed the sky.

When Alissa woke in the morning, she was surprised to see the four new toys. She promptly named them Snowball, Furball, Fred and Fern! It was a busy day for Alissa, as she introduced the new toys to her loyal band of teddies, and created new games to keep everyone busy. When she climbed into bed that night, she lovingly placed her new toys around her and wished them sweet dreams.

It wasn't long before Alissa could be heard breathing evenly in her bed. Honey, Flyer, Tree-Top and Choco were at the ready. They surrounded the new toys, and began to stare them down.
"Please, we just want to be friends!" cried Fern.
"Talk to the hand!" replied Honey. Snowball and Furball trembled with fear. In a calm voice, Choco intervened.
"Come on, guys, let's just be friends. Honey, remember you were in their place, once."
"I agree," said Flyer. Tree-top agreed with them.
"Fine," Honey gave in. He had been put in an uncomfortable place.

After a few years, Honey had finally accepted the two sets of siblings. They fought many battles together, always protecting Alissa, and became true friends. Snowball, Furball, Fred and Fern never betrayed the group, like Honey had thought. They were actually really good fighters, and were the best Alissa had ever had.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!