Teddy Bears

"Hannah it's time to sleep. It's past your bed time, come on," said a middle aged woman to a young little girl watching TV.
"But Mama, Dora is on! Can't I just go to sleep after Dora?" Hannah questioned her mum.
"I'm sorry baby but you have school tomorrow, you have to sleep now. Now come on, get Mr. Snuffles and let's go. I'll tuck you in bed," said the woman dismissing the idea.
Hannah turned off the TV and started looking for her fluffy companion, after looking around she couldn't seem to find Mr. Snuffles. Mr. Snuffles was her teddy bear that her nan gave her for her sixth birthday.
"Come on Hannah let's go," Mrs. Wayne said impatiently.
"But Mama I can't find Mr. Snuffles. I can't sleep without him! Remember what Nan said? She said that Mr. Snuffles will protect me from the scary monsters under my bed while I'm asleep," Hannah informed her mum.
"I remember dear but you really have to sleep now. How about we look for him tomorrow while tonight you'll just have to sleep without him," Mrs. Wayne grabbed her daughter's hand and brought her into her room.
"Good night Hannah. Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite," Mrs. Wayne closed the door.

Hannah couldn't sleep, she was too worried about the scary monsters and Mr. Snuffles. Sleep eventually took over her and before you knew it Hannah was out like a dead deer.
Hannah suddenly woke up after hearing a noise coming from her closet.
The little girl was terrified, she knew it was a scary monster. She closed her eyes hoping that it would go away. After awhile the noise was gone so Hannah decided to open her eyes and see if the monster was gone. All Hannah could see was darkness, this relieved Hannah until she heard a growling sound coming from under her bed.
Hannah slowly and hesitantly checked under her bed. At first she couldn't see anything, then all of a sudden she saw two red eyes beaming at her. Hannah got so startled she leaped up from her bed and hid in her closet.
Her heart was pounding really fast, she was petrified. She knew it was the monster and knew that the only person that could kill it was Mr. Snuffles. Hannah was too distracted that she didn't notice that there was a black figure behind her.
The figure grabbed her from behind and dragged her towards her bed. Hannah tried to break free but she was weak and vulnerable against the monster. It dragged her under her bed and her ear-splitting scream echoed through the night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!