Game Warp

GAME WARP by Christian Tait
I slumped down in front of my new 48” TV in my room. Useless Eugene, they called me . I can’t play sport, I can’t write neatly, and most of all I can’t unpack the dishwasher, mum gets furious at me sometimes. I started playing my unused game on Playstation called Formula 1 2013.
L…o…a…d…i…n…g…..l…o…a…d…i…n.. Suddenly, the loading glitched and the next thing I knew I was falling through midnight, dead blackness. After a few seconds I found myself in Michael Schumachers’ Ferrari. The rather fast Ferrari formula one car that won the grand prix last year was right here and I was in it. I was stunned, I was actually here in Monaco, racing at 300k/h with thousands of supporters cheering me on. I must be in the game!
I was at the rear of the grid of 22 cars.
One very bright, red light above the track was lit. Then two very bright red lights were lit. Then three very bright red lights were lit. then four, After that another flamed up and 22, 1000 horse powered formula one cars revved to 18000 revs per minute we were off and racing.
I figured that if I won I’d be able to go back to Earth.
At the first set of pit stops I was 12th and at the second, I was 3rd with Hakkinen and Alonso in front of me by 10 seconds. I was a great racer.
A crash at the back of the pack brought me up to the leaders and soon Hakkinen, Alonso, Webber , Hamilton and I were in an epic battle for the top spot on the podium. This battle brought us to the 70th lap out of 74, when I pulled out in front.
On the last lap, I went out of control. I spun and spun until I felt dizzy. I went unconscious when Hamilton slammed into me harmfully. Had I won?!?
I slowly opened one eye. I blinked to clear my vision. I was home! I won!
I told mum, but she (OF COURSE) didn’t believe me.
Now, whenever I play the game,I go in and come back out, If I lose, I complete another race and win. Soon I become a pro.
It’s nice to say that this story had a happy end. I became popular at school for being the only one that is able to win a championship at formula 1 2013, And I found something that I’m good at.
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!