My Adventurous Scuba Dive

Our boat drops its anchor, a clear sunny day ahead. I look over the side and can almost see the bottom. I check my flippers and with enough air for two hours slip gently into the water. As I go down to the sandy bottom I can see fish above and below me. It is like a city of lights as the fish swim through the water and past me in beautiful colours. There are large fish and small fish being chased by a hungry shark.

There is a burst of bubbles and I start losing air. I’ve got to get up to the surface of the water I hold my breath and kick as hard as I can. Then I look and see a fish has bitten straight through my breathing tube. I notice a grey shark fin coming towards me.

Now I need to swim ashore as fast as I can so that I don’t get injured by the shark. As soon as I reach the beach, I remove my mask and flippers and start screaming for everyone to get out of the water quickly while running to tell the life guards. The sirens sound and the lifeguards make sure everyone leaves the water. The helicopter and rescue squad arrive and immediately start searching for the shark.

My adventure is over until the shark has been caught and I can dive again with the ocean fish.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!