On Drop Of Water

A silky golden fox lurked deep in the forest; he looked at the wet dew on the grass. He longed for a drink by the river.

“I will have to cross the forest path and watch out for hunters” he thought to himself, But he was willing to risk his life for even one drop of water, so he set off.

Before he knew it the fox was half way to his destination and now was a mater of life and death. If he crossed the forest path, he might end up as a new fur hat but if he didn’t he wouldn’t get his drink of water, he picked crossing the forest path.

So, he had crossed the forest path but he had no idea what was coming next.

He walked another five metres or so when suddenly there was a rustle in the bush. ‘ A hound has come to sniff me out as a fur jacket’ he thought but it was his friend moonbeam the rabbit.

The fox told him the whole story about him getting thirsty and wanting a drink by the river.

The rabbit listened and then told him about the short cut tunnel he had dug.

The loyal rabbit let him through. He slid through in six seconds; when he came out he saw heaven.

He drank the water and enjoyed every drop of it, cold and pleasant.

Then, he set back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!